You will be asked to confirm that
the following are true before you are able to submit your
- The uploaded symposium complies with all the
submission guidelines, style
policies and rules.
- The proposal is being submitted to the correct Division or
- All participants, including organizers, authors, and other
presenters are correctly associated with the symposium
- The symposium submission includes the following is organized in
the following order:
- A title page that includes:
- Academy-assigned submission number
- An explicit designation if it is a presenter or a panel
- Title of symposium (in Title Case)
- Complete formal names and affiliations of all participants
- List of potential division and/or interest group sponsors
- A 3-6 page overview of the symposium that includes:
- An explanation of why the symposium should be of interest to
EACH of the specified sponsors.
- Proposed format of the symposium is designed to fit a 90-minute
- For PRESENTER symposia: An
additional 2-5 page synopsis of EACH presentation, not including
references. Each presentation may include a maximum of two
additional pages of tables and figures. Tables and figures must be
clear and legible, and should be no smaller than 10-point
PANEL symposia: An additional up to
5-page summary of the panelists' discussion. There may be no formal
paper presentations within a panel symposium.
- The proposal uses Times New Roman 12-point font, is double
spaced, has a 1-inch (2.5cm) margin all around, and has 8.5"x11"
page setting. References may be single-spaced.
- All the pages in the submission are numbered.
- The final converted PDF was reviewed on the submission site and
is the correct version.
- As the submitter, I certify that all participants have stated
that they agree to participate in this symposium.
- I understand that if this submission is accepted:
- All listed participants who wish to take part in the session at
the meeting must register for the meeting. If none of the listed
participants register for the meeting then the session may be
- Symposium sessions may be scheduled to take place on Sunday,
Monday, or Tuesday. All participants must be prepared to be
available on any of those days.
- Scheduled session times cannot be rescheduled; session
conflicts and personal schedules must be managed by the session
- I understand that this submission will not be reviewed if:
- It fails to be 100% compliant with all submission guidelines
including the style formatting requirements.
- I fail to finalize the proposal by the deadline of
January 15, 2019 at 5:00pm ET (NY
The symposium is now complete (follows ALL Academy
Division/Interest Group specific instructions
and requirements) and is ready for review.