|The AOM Teaching and Learning Committee is seeking volunteers for the next Teaching
and Learning Conference (TLC), an all-Academy "conference within a
conference" committed to advancing the practice of teaching.
Launched in 2013 with the support of the Academy of Management Board as a sponsored
strategic project, this conference has proven to be a great success with increasing
levels of interest as the years have progressed.
The TLC Committee is searching for additional volunteers with a passion for
teaching and the ability to invest time throughout the year to assist with the tasks
required to make this conference a continuing success. Volunteers will
serve a one-year term as At-Large members, with the potential to become
Communication Co-Chair in the future. All volunteers should be able to commit a total of 80 to 100 hours
throughout the year.
The TLC Committee is interested in applicants who meet the following selection criteria:
1. An earned doctorate in one of the following disciplines (management, strategy,
operations, human resource management, organizational behavior, leadership, entrepreneurship)
from a regionally accredited doctoral program or an internationally renowned
2. A minimum of 5 years of teaching in a university classroom;
3. Previous experience as an editorial review board member for a scholarly or
teaching journal, or a minimum of three years’ experience as a reviewer for a
journal, a scholarly conference, or the Teaching and Learning Conference;
4. A commitment to attend the annual Academy of Management conference and all
relevant TLC meetings that take place at the AOM conference (pre-conference
meetings and post-conference meetings);
5. A commitment to participate in conference calls throughout the year to discuss
TLC conference details and to be accessible electronically without large gaps
6. A willingness to serve as a reviewer for the TLC, contribute to article
submissions for the AcadeMY Newsletter, and provide feedback in a timely manner
on conference-related issues;
7. A commitment to work with the TLC Committee throughout the day of the Teaching
and Learning Conference on activities such as assisting at the registration
table, monitoring sessions to ensure presenters keep to their designated time
frame, assisting speakers with room issues, etc.;
8. Attendance at one or more of the previous Teaching & Learning Conferences;
9. A commitment to working within the TLC Committee in a collegial, collaborative,
timely, and participative manner.
Please complete the web form by the deadline of Tuesday, 15 October 2019. Kindly understand that no applications received after this time will be reviewed.
to the committee is made by the AOM TLC Committee Leadership Team in
consultation with the Academy of Management Board of Directors.
The TLC Committee Leadership Team