Organizations have been using three methods to counter prejudice, isolation, and hopelessness related to social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Countless films and most recently, the television series The Walking Dead, can provide real-life lessons on how to effectively manage groups working amid a doomsday situation.
Emotions felt during initial team meetings can having lasting effects on which team members gain or lose influence over time.
“Rather than being a surefire path to salvation in times of trouble, pivoting can create a whole new set of survival-threatening troubles,” a researcher says.
A Rural Indian Perspective on Work-Life Balance
Wives, husbands—and often extended family who live with them—must reckon with all the tasks that women typically do at home and determine who will do them instead.
A U.S. university has been using the questions since 2013 to improve students’ ethical reasoning and decision-making skills.
With new generations entering the workforce, organizations will benefit by being more aware and responsive to the evolution of personal identities regarding gender and race.
Many employers seem to be more sensitive to claims of mistreatment at work. But employees’ perceptions of mistreatment vary widely, creating an array of challenges for managers.
Temporary workers departures mean coworkers have to change work routines to accommodate the exits, and have to divert part of their resources to the replacements.
Many social and economic factors have been blamed for rising inequality. But the role of organizations gets overlooked.
In the global fashion industry, working in foreign countries is a powerful driver of the creativity at top design houses. It’s a concept that’s readily tailored to suit managers in other sectors.
Resources for Academy of Management members:
• The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page offers messages from AOM President Jacqueline Coyle-Shapiro and official updates
• AOM Research and Resources Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic features AOM member research and resources on teaching and working remotely, crisis management, COVID-19 responses, business and finance, and unemployment and restructuring
• #COVID-19 resources offers additional updates and information via AOM Connect
• Support at AOM provides FAQs and a Request for Support form
• Why Trump’s Popularity Surge Faded So Quickly
• Blowing Off Dr. Birx? The Real Reason America Is Ignoring Its Top Woman Physician
• Using COVID-19 to Help Kids Develop Independence Psychology Today
More from AOM INSIGHTS
Share with a colleague
To share this newsletter with a
colleague, just forward it with this sign-up link.
INSIGHTS is an online magazine that transforms AOM research into actionable evidence for the workplace.
555 Pleasantville Road, Suite N200, Briarcliff Manor, NY, 10510-8020, USA
Phone: 1+ (914) 326-1800
CONNECT WITH US:
| Online Version
| Communication Preferences
to improve transparency, security, and control of personal data.
Boost your knowledge, advance your career, and help your colleagues with a free subscription to AOM Insights monthly newsletter.