AOM 2021 Virtual Career Fair
2-6 August 2021
AOM membership is required to participate in #AOM2021.
- Open House: These unique informational presentations allow job seekers access to institutional representatives who will discuss faculty expectations, teaching loads, tenure process, etc., while allowing job seekers to ask questions one-on-one. These sessions may be pre-recorded with the employer hosting Live Chat times.
- Scheduled Interviews and Walk-Ins: Job Seekers now have the chance to request an interview in advance or stand in line to speak with a representative during Live Chat times. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to read each employers full description prior to the event to know the best way to make contact.
Here's How It Works
Using the AOM 2021 Virtual Career Fair site, employers and job seekers will have the ability to connect during this virtual experience.
To begin, view or post all open positions on the AOM Jobs Board. Job seekers interested in participating must create an account, upload their CV along with any other application materials. Employers will be able to access your CV and view their application packets, and, should they choose to, invite them to schedule an interview. Job Seekers are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to reach out to recruiting teams according to the instructions provided in the Employer Booth.
PDW (Sunday, August 1, 2021 11 am – 1 pm)
Join the Career Services Committee and our guest panelists in an AOM-led job market interactive workshop. Topics will include the do’s and don’ts within the academic job search process and statistics regarding the 2020 academic employment market, followed by a panelist-led discussion addressing the hiring process world-wide and a closing Q&A.
Still have questions? Members of the AOM Career Services Committee will have their own virtual coaching room to provide guidance to candidates about the interview process, stage practice interviews, and prepare participants for salary negotiation. Be sure to request a meeting.
How Job Seekers Can Participate
- Job seekers can create a profile to register for the event.
- Post your CV and other application materials..
- Attend employer presentations and ask questions during walk-in times or reach out to employers as noted in the Employer Booth.
- Continue to view open positions and begin requesting one-on-one interviews.
How Employers Can Participate
- Purchase a Virtual Career Fair Sponsorship Package.
- Post your job(s), school logo, videos, or any other marketing material you’d like to provide job seekers.
- Increase your visibility by becoming an AOM 2021 Virtual Career Fair Sponsor.
- Host an Open House and highlight your institution by providing a space to upload your promo video, offer walk-in chats and more!
- View job seeker CVs, etc., and begin scheduling interviews.