To submit a manuscript, first make sure you have a Word file from
which the title page and all author-identifying references have been
removed. Then, go to the web site at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amle and
follow the directions. Acknowledgements of others' help in preparing
the paper for submission should be included in the letter to the editor
that is featured as part of the web-based submission process. If you
need assistance uploading your paper, please contact the Manuscript
Central helpline weekdays between 12:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. EST at
434-964-4100 or 888-503-1050 (both U.S.-based numbers). If you are a new
user this will be a two step process:
- First you establish your account by entering name and affiliation
and address details. You may also be asked to enter a few keywords
describing your work. Make sure at this stage that you do NOT submit
your manuscript (despite the fact that there is the opportunity to
upload a file).
- Second you go to "Author Center" where you provide information about
the current manuscript that you are submitting. The instructions are
In order to facilitate processing of submissions, please make sure that:
- Your entire submission (including references) is double-spaced in 12-point or larger font with margins of one inch or more.
- Your abstract is 200 words or less.
- Your submission contains few and only necessary footnotes (not endnotes).
- There is nothing in your file that identifies the authors.
- Any hypotheses are explicitly identified as such.
- Constructs and variables are identified in words, not abbreviations.
Tables and Figures
Tables and figures can enhance both the reader's understanding of
information and the efficiency of its presentation. But just as too
many overhead slides can ruin an oral presentation, too many figures and
tables can detract from the overall narrative. Thus we encourage the
judicious use of tables and figures and we discourage their overuse.
The proper construction of tables and figures is a detailed craft, so in
preparing them for your manuscript, please follow the detailed
instructions presented in the styles guides of the Academy of Management Journal and Academy of Management Review, both of which are published in the first issue each year.
Guidelines for submitting figures/images:
- Make sure you use uniform lettering and sizing of your original artwork.
- Number the illustrations according to their sequence in the text.
- Submit each figure as a separate file. Do NOT embed art files into a Word or PDF document.
- Line illustrations should be submitted at 900 dpi.
- Halftones and color should be submitted at a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Save as either TIF or EPS files.
- Color art must be saved as CMYK - not RGB.
- Black and White art must be submitted as grayscale - not RGB.
- PowerPoint or Excel files should NOT be submitted.
NOTE: The Academy of Management uses the iThenticate software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts. You can be reassured that AOM is committed to actively combating plagiarism and publishing original research. View our plagiarism policy. To find out more visit Crossref.
iThenticate is also available to authors and researchers who wish to check their papers before submission. iThenticate compares submitted documents to extensive data repositories to create a comprehensive Similarity Report, which highlights and provides links to any significant text matches, helping to ensure that you are submitting an original and well-attributed document. iThenticate is a separate service to Crossref.