AMP Paper Development Workshop, NYC, USA
Registration is required for all participants. Registration deadline: 1 May 2023
Would you like to publish in Academy of Management Perspectives (AMP)?
In-person workshop sponsored by Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University
16 May 2023, 8:00-16:00 EST
Gabelli School of Business
140 West 62nd Street
Plenary Room 333
New York, NY 10023
- Do you want to publish in AMP?
- Do you have a research project, but cannot tell if it fits or appeals to AMP?
- Do you want to ask AMP editors questions about the submission and publication process with AMP?
- Do you want to brainstorm research ideas and pressure-test them?
- Ever wanted to see how editors might react to your research idea?
- What constitutes a good AMP paper? And how to help ensure your work meets the mark?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you don’t want to miss this AMP event.
The event will be led by AMP’s Editors-in-Chief Gideon Markman and Geoffrey Wood, and Associate Editors Roy Suddaby, Siri Terjesen, Bill Schulze, Peter Gianiodis, David Collings.
8:00–8:30 Check-in and Networking.
8:30–9:15 Gideon Markman and Geoffrey Wood: Welcome & Introduction to AMP & Will Your Paper Make a Contribution?
9:30–10:15 Roy Suddaby: Author-Editor-Reviewer Dynamics & How to Win the R&R Process
10:30–12:00 *Small Group Presentations: Each attendee presents his/her paper (10 minutes) followed by 5–7 minutes for Q&A, comments from everyone in their group, including an AMP editor.
12:00–1:30 Lunch provided by PDW host Fordham University
1:30–3:00 *Small Group Presentations: Each attendee presents his/her paper (10 minutes) followed by 5–7 minutes for Q&A, comments from everyone in their group, including an AMP editor.
3:00–3:30 Editors Panel: Q&As with AMP editors
* We will mix attendees and groups (e.g., if you’re in group 1 in the morning, you might be in group 2 in the afternoon). We’ll provide a presentation template for these sessions.
Participation is free, but space is limited on a first come first served basis, so registration is required.
AOM does not guarantee that subsequent submission to the journal will be peer reviewed or accepted for publication.