What's New for AOM 2021 - An Improved Virtual Experience
In 2020, the Academy of Management pushed the boundaries of what the Annual Meeting could achieve by gathering virtually to network and share research in new and exciting ways. The unique circumstances of AOM 2020 inspired attendees to engage with
research – and with one another – in a novel setting, prompting an unparalleled level of interaction and accessibility.
As we look ahead to AOM 2021, we are excited to share some innovations based on your feedback and suggestions that will make this year’s virtual Annual Meeting an even better experience for connecting, engaging, and learning:
- A Preview Day on Thursday, 29 July will offer an opportunity for attendees to get oriented to the virtual platform and receive training to help you get the most out of your experience.
- A new Consortium Day is being developed to allow for broader audience participation – you will no longer need to choose between your favorite PDW and DIG consortium!
- 75% of sessions will be live (synchronous), giving you the opportunity engage in real-time, while still giving you the option to watch session recordings at your convenience after the session has taken place.
- With sessions of all types being scheduled during each of the meeting’s five days, arranging your own conference schedule will be easier and more flexible than ever.
- Tiered registration rates, including an additional early registration option.
- Opportunities to engage socially with other attendees.
We look forward to having you join us for the 81st Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management!
Read President Quinetta Roberson's message to members on the virtual Annual Meeting decision.
for AOM 2021
29 July-4 August 2021
Why attend AOM's virtual Annual Meeting
In 2020, the Academy of Management held it's first ever virtual Annual Meeting, offering unique opportunities to expand research, network with colleagues, and disseminate knowledge addressing the 21st century’s most pressing challenges related to management and organizations. The virtual meeting provided the utmost flexibility for members to connect in ways never before possible, explore ideas, and actively learn in a new, online environment.
AOM’s Annual Meeting took place on a virtual event platform offering a seamless experience for all meeting activities.
Watch at Your Convenience
The Annual Meeting featured 445 synchronous (live) sessions and 1,120 asynchronous (pre-recorded) sessions. Most sessions are recorded and remain available to watch at any time during the meeting and for an extended period after the meeting, allowing for even greater reach and impact.
Join your DIGs and explore others
The virtual meeting brought together AOM's divisions and interest groups, enabling attendees to choose and participate in sessions across domains.
Teaching and Learning Conference took place virtually, allowing members to improve their teaching practices in an open, online forum of shared experiences.
Engage in Meaningful Dialogue
Supplemental session information, such as papers, slides, PDFs, and session recordings, provide additional content and context. Attendees can view the materials, follow conversations, and engage in meaningful dialogue after the session.
Extended Collaboration and Viewing Periods
Attendees can pace themselves and revisit sessions at their convenience. Questions, answers, and comments can be added through 31 August. Supplemental session information is available through 31 October.
Network and Engage
Members joined conversations with geographically dispersed attendees, advancing research, teaching and practice through virtual gathering places and lists of colleagues for individual or group meetings.
Virtual Exhibit Hall
Attendees viewed presentations and met one-on-one with publishers and other vendors at the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
Virtual Career Fair
Employers, career fair attendees, and active candidates can participate in the Virtual Career Fair, where employers hold scheduled presentations about their institutions during the meeting and candidates scheduled remote video interviews.