TLC@AOM Call for Submissions
Program Co-chairs: Christine Rivers, University Surrey, Sharon Simmons, Jackson State University
The Academy of Management Teaching and Learning Conference (TLC@AOM) will host its 11th annual event during the 83rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.. TLC@AOM is a "conference within a conference" designed to help Academy members who have a passion for teaching discuss and learn new teaching practices in an open forum of shared experience. Admission to TLC programming is not included with your AOM Conference registration. There is a separate registration for the TLC@AOM and you must be registered for the Annual Meeting of Academy of Management to attend the TLC.
Important Dates and Submission Info
The AOM Annual Meeting Submission Center opens 6 December 2022. Please carefully review the submission guidelines before submitting. All proposals must be submitted through the AOM Submission Center. The submission deadline is Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 17:00 ET (GMT-5/UTC-5). We look forward to reviewing your innovative, engaging, and teaching-focused submissions. All sessions will be delivered in person on-site for a duration of 60 minutes in symposium format.
Submission Topics and Conference Theme - Putting the Worker Front and Center
Proposals should focus on one or more of the following categories:
- Technology in the classroom
- Measurement of learning
- Experiential/Active/Problem-based learning
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion in education
- Connecting teaching and learning to community and practice
- Remote/hybrid teaching and learning
- Curricular design/redesign
- Teaching resources
Criteria for Acceptance
TLC submissions should describe an innovative teaching technique or curriculum innovation. Proposals should explain how the session will promote a high level of interactivity and engagement amongst TLC participants. In addition, takeaways for participants should be clearly outlined. We ask that all submitters to the TLC volunteer as TLC reviewers. Be sure to check out the reviewer guidelines for additional information.
Please follow the guidelines and formatting instructions below when writing your proposal. The proposal must not exceed five pages (including cover page and main body plus reference list). Please note that submissions will NOT be reviewed if these guidelines and instructions are not met.
Cover Page includes:
- The title of the presentation (in Title Case) The Academy-assigned 5-digit submission number
- Abstract (limit 250 words)
- Identification of submission topic that applies to the proposal (see list of "Submission Topics & Conference Theme" listed above)
- Statement to indicate that ALL presenters on the proposal agree to register for AOM and the TLC and will attend in-person
Main body includes the following headings:
- Topic/Introduction: Describe the topic of your presentation and its purpose. Identify targeted discipline(s) and potential course/program applications.
- Interest: Explain why your topic would be of interest to conference participants.
- Session Description: Explain what you are planning to do during the session. Include a description of the presentation, interaction methods to be employed and the resources required. Provide a detailed breakdown of how the time will be utilized particularly around engagement and interaction. All sessions should be structured as 60 minutes in duration.
- Takeaways: Be explicit about what the audience will be able to take away from your presentation (including any teaching resources or handouts to be distributed). Describe how attendees might apply the session information to improve their teaching, if applicable.
To facilitate the blind review process, remove all author-identifying information, including acknowledgments, from the uploaded document. You will include ALL authors on the submission form, but not in your uploaded proposal (given the session length, the number of presenters included should be limited to a maximum of four). The author information provided will appear in the program.
NOTE: Any proposal that appears to market a product or service is not suitable for the AOM Teaching and Learning Conference and will be rejected. If you would like to market a product or service, please contact TLC@AOM via email and request a sponsorship or advertising packet.
If you prefer to discuss your ideas before submitting a proposal, please contact TLC@AOM no later than 15 December 2022.
The deadline for all submissions is Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 17:00 ET (GMT-5/UTC-5). All proposals must be submitted through the AOM Submission Center.
AOM 2023 Key Dates
- Submission Center Opening:
- Submission Deadline:
10 January 2023
(17:00 ET UTC-5/GMT-5)
- Review Period:
19 January-16 February
- Registration/Housing Open:
Early March 2023
- Decision Notifications:
Late March 2023
- 83rd Annual Meeting:
4-8 August 2023