ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR (OB)
We welcome submissions for inclusion in the OB Division’s scholarly program at the 2021 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM). Details about the mission and research domain of the OB Division can be found here.
Paper sessions are composed of presentations of original and fully developed manuscripts. Author(s) submit a manuscript for consideration to be included in the annual meeting’s scholarly program. If accepted, the manuscript is typically assigned by the Program Chair to a session that includes other papers on related topics. (this may be different this year in our virtual program.)
Symposia can be submitted as either panel or presenter format:
- Panel Symposia: The purpose of a Panel Symposium is to engage a group of panelists in an interactive discussion. There are no titles associated with the panelists’ presentations. Proposals for panel discussions should include clear descriptions of the topics to be discussed and the procedures that will be used to manage the discussion among panelists and the audience.
- Presenter Symposia: Presenter symposia involve a series of authored papers on a preset theme. In a Presenter Symposium, titles and authors / presenters are associated with each presentation. Presenter symposia can involve co-authored presentations. Co-authors will be listed in the printed program.
Following is a list of awards that are celebrated during the annual meeting of AOM:
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Best Paper Award, recognizing the best overall paper (may be co-authored; sponsored by Sage Publications on behalf of Group & Organization Management).
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Best Dissertation-Based Paper Award,* given to the best paper based on a doctoral dissertation completed within the past three years (must be sole-authored; sponsored by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the Journal of Organizational Behavior).
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Innovative Student Paper Award,* for the best paper in which a student was in the lead role (a student must be the sole or first-author; sponsored by Sage Publications).
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Outstanding Practical Implications for Management Paper Award, for the paper with the most significant managerial implications (may be co-authored; sponsored by the Mercer Workforce Sciences Institute).
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Best Paper with International Implications Award, recognizing the paper whose theme and content best reflects an awareness of business and management across national boundaries (may be co-authored; sponsored by the Oxford Centre for Corporate Reputation at Oxford University).
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Best Symposium Award, given to the symposium on the Academy program that best exemplifies interesting, important, and high-impact research.
- 2021 OB Division Lifetime Achievement Award, recognizing significant research achievement across one's career.
- 2021 OB Division Outstanding Publication in Organizational Behavior Award (sponsored by the Emerald Group Publishing on behalf of the Journal of Managerial Psychology).
- 2021 OB Division Mentorship Award, recognizing a scholar who has excelled at helping others achieve their career objectives (sponsored by the Antwerp Management School).
- 2021 OB Division Award for Societal Impact, recognizing a body of work of a scholar that has produced societally beneficial knowledge that often addresses, but is not limited to, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (sponsored by the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School).
- 2021 OB Division Cummings Early to Mid-Career Scholarly Achievement Award, recognizing significant research achievement during one's early to mid-career stage.
- 2021 OB Division Outstanding Practitioner-Oriented Publication in Organizational Behavior Award (sponsored by the Google’s People Innovation Lab).
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Best Dissertation-Based Paper Award, select "Newman Award Nominee"
- for the OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Most Innovative Student Paper Award, select "Student Paper"
- for the OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Most Outstanding Practical Implications for Management Award, select "Practice"
- for the OB Division AOM Meeting 2021 Best Paper with International Implications Award, select "International."
for AOM 2021
12 January 2021
21 January - 18 February 2021
30 July-3 August 2021