ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR (OB)
2023 Division Scholarly Program: Call for Submissions
Program Chair: Bradley Kirkman, North Carolina State University
Symposium Chair: Gilad Chen, University
We welcome submissions for inclusion in the Organizational Behavior (OB) Division's scholarly program at the 2023 Annual Meeting of
Academy of Management (AOM). Details about the mission and research domain of the OB Division
can be found here.
2023 Program Development Team
Program Chair: Bradley Kirkman, North Carolina State University
Symposium Chair: Gilad Chen, University of Maryland
Division Chair: Rebecca Bennett, University of Central FloridaPast Division Chair:
Ron Piccolo, University of Central Florida
Division Chair-Elect: Elizabeth George, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- 6 December 2022 - Submission Center opens
- 10 January 2023 - Submission deadline 17:00 ET (GMT-5/UTC-5)
- PDW Acceptance notifications
- Late March 2023 - Papers & Symposium Acceptance notifications
- Late May 2023 - Online Program available
- 4-8 August 2023 - 83rd Annual Meeting, held in Boston, MA, USA
All program sessions will be held on-site in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Selected in-person on-site sessions will be video recorded for on-demand access. Materials will be required from all accepted presentations to build content to be available to registrants
during and post-conference (PDF, PowerPoint, video, other ancillary materials). The conference schedule will be organized in the traditional format of PDWs on Friday and Saturday, meetings on Sunday, and papers and symposia on Monday and Tuesday.
Consortia will be offered Friday-Sunday and Plenary Sessions Sunday – Tuesday.
Reviewing for OB
The OB community aims to provide high-quality, developmental feedback to submitters. To achieve this aim, however, we need your support. Please sign up to review for the OB division in early December 2022. Your reviewer assignment will be based on the
keywords that you indicate to be your areas of expertise. We are grateful for your willingness to volunteer and contribute to the program in this important way. To help you, we will provide reviewers with helpful guidance to complete a review of a
conference paper, symposium, or PDW.
Description of Paper and Symposia Submissions
The scholarly program at AOM's annual meeting consists primarily of two main types of sessions, paper sessions and symposia:
Paper sessions are composed of presentations of original and fully developed manuscripts. Author(s) submit a manuscript for consideration to be included in the annual meeting's scholarly program. If accepted, the manuscript is typically assigned by the Program Chair to a session that includes other papers on related topics.
Symposia can be submitted as either panel or presenter format:
- Panel Symposia: The purpose of a Panel Symposium is to engage a group of panelists in an interactive discussion. There are no titles associated with the panelists' presentations. Proposals for panel discussions should include clear descriptions of the topics to be discussed and the procedures that will be used to manage the discussion among panelists and the audience.
- Presenter Symposia: Presenter symposia involve a series of authored papers on a preset theme. In a Presenter Symposium, titles and authors/presenters are associated with each presentation. Presenter symposia can involve co-authored presentations. Co-authors will be listed in the printed program.
Additional details about the submission process can be found here.
Direct any questions about the submission process to the OB Division's Program Chair (Bradley Kirkman) or the OB Division's Symposium Chair (Gilad Chen).
Theme for AOM's 2023 Annual Meeting: Putting the Worker Front and Center.
OB Division Spotlight, 2023: The Integration of OB & AI
The OB Division will continue the Spotlight, an initiative to focus attention on a pertinent issue that is relevant to organizational research and practice. For the 2023 meeting, our Spotlight is on Artificial Intelligence (AI), and its implications for
the future of OB research. The Spotlight program track will introduce the many ways in which advances in artificial intelligence can enhance our research on human behavior in organizations and highlight research that integrates novel methods of data
collection and analysis. All topics and methods related to AI and organizational behavior are welcome. We invite submitters to propose sessions that are engaging, provocative, and meaningful. All sessions will go through the usual submission process
and be classified afterwards into a “Spotlight Track.” If you have any questions, please contact the Past Organization Behavior Division Chair, Ron Piccolo.
OB Division Awards
The Division celebrates many awards at the Annual Meeting. Among these are the following awards given for submissions to the conference.
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Paper Award, recognizing the best overall paper (may be co-authored); sponsored by Sage on behalf of Group & Organization Management
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Dissertation-Based Paper Award, given to the best paper based on a doctoral dissertation completed within the past three years (must be sole-authored; sponsored by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the Journal of Organizational Behavior)
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Innovative Student Paper Award, for the best paper in which a student was in the lead role (a student must be the sole or first-author)
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Outstanding Practical Implications for Management Paper Award, for the paper with the most significant managerial implications (may be co-authored; sponsored by the Mercer Workforce Sciences Institute)
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Paper with International Implications Award, recognizing the paper whose theme and content best reflects an awareness of business and management across national boundaries (may be co-authored)
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Symposium Award, given to the symposium on the Academy program that best exemplifies interesting, important, and high-impact research
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Paper with Entrepreneurship Implications Award, given to the paper with the most significant implications for entrepreneurship scholarship (sponsored by the Kaufmann Foundation)
- OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Student Paper with Entrepreneurship Implications Award, given to the paper in which a student was in the lead role (a student must be the first or sole author), and that has the most significant implications for entrepreneurship scholarship (sponsored by the Kaufmann Foundation)
- For the OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Dissertation-Based Paper Award, select "Newman Award Nominee"
- For the OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Most Innovative Student Paper Award, select "Student Paper"
- For the OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Most Outstanding Practical Implications for Management Award, select "Practice"
- For the OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Paper with International Implications Award, select "International"
- For the OB Division AOM Meeting 2023 Best Paper with Entrepreneurship Implications, select "Entrepreneurship"
- For the OB Division 2023 AOM Meeting Best Student Paper with Entrepreneurship Implications Award, select "Kauffman student paper"
Visit the OB Division website for additional information about the Division, criteria for these awards, or past winners.
AOM 2023 Key Dates
- Submission Center Opening:
- Submission Deadline:
10 January 2023
(17:00 ET UTC-5/GMT-5)
- Review Period:
19 January-23 February
- Registration/Housing Open:
Early March 2023
- Decision Notifications:
Late March 2023
- 83rd Annual Meeting:
4-8 August 2023