PUBLIC AND NONPROFIT (PNP)
We are particularly interested in PDW proposals focused on any of the following aims:
- Supporting junior faculty
- Succeeding in the retention, promotion, and tenure process
- Publishing research
- Writing research grants and pursuing funding
- Developing technical skills for research
- Collaborating with practitioners on research projects
- Communicating research findings to the practitioner community
- Innovating the practice of teaching
- Does the workshop offer a high quality and high-level learning experience that has a significant positive impact on the professional development of the participants?
- Does the workshop provide participants with a clear "take away"? (e.g. learn new skill; develop a new research plan)
- Does the workshop have a theme and a group of participants that will draw a strong audience regardless of competing sessions or scheduling restrictions?
- Does the workshop encourage multi-way conversation and interaction among participants from multiple divisions, disciplines, regions, career stages, or demographic backgrounds?
- Is the workshop creative and innovative in all of its elements?
- Professional development objective: What skill, work product, or actionable plan will participants develop during the workshop?
- Relevance or importance: Why is development of this skill, work product, or plan important to PNP scholars/teachers? Why do you believe this workshop will draw a strong audience regardless of competing sessions or scheduling restrictions? Will it draw participants from outside the division?
- Relationship to All Academy Theme: If relevant, please indicate how your proposal relates to this year’s Academy theme.
- Structure and Audience Engagement: How will the audience engage in interactive activity during this workshop? Please demonstrate why you believe this approach is pedagogically sound. In what ways will the proposed workshop encourage participation from a broad audience (or why is it appropriate to focus on a narrower audience, if applicable)? How much time is needed and how will it be used?
- Key Biographies: Provide short biographies (~125 words) of each organizer and key presenter.
for AOM 2021
12 January 2021
21 January - 1 March 2021
Submission Decisions Announced
29 July-4 August 2021