AOM Publications Virtual Paper Development Workshop
Learn about publishing in the AOM’s suite of journals through a two-part paper development workshop (PDW) aimed at India-based researchers. Registration Deadline: 11 November
Virtual Paper Development Workshop
Hosted by Indian Institute of Management Udaipur
Tuesday, 15 November 2022
Registration Deadline: 11 November
Purpose and Agenda
Learn about publishing in the AOM’s suite of journals through a two-part paper development workshop (PDW) aimed at India-based researchers.
Part 1 - Open to everyone. This workshop takes place 15 November 2022 and it will be an on-line Meet the Editors session.
- There is no fee to participate in the first part of this virtual workshop, but registration is required.
- Attendees will be given free access to the Academy of Management 2021 Publication Award Winners Dynamic Edition.
- Attendees may choose to submit a proposal for potential feedback from one of the journals in AOM's portfolio (fees may apply).
- Breakout sessions will be offered for each of AOM's journals:
- Academy of Management Annals
- Academy of Management Collections
- Academy of Management Discoveries
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Learning & Education
- Academy of Management Perspectives
- Academy of Management Review
- To register for Part 1, complete this form to receive a Zoom link for this session. Attendees may choose to submit a proposal to attend Part 2 for potential feedback
from one of the journals in AOM's portfolio.
- Will take place after ‘Part 1’ for those who have had proposals accepted by an editor for further discussion.
- Personalized, one-on-one, high-level feedback for author(s) from an editor or journal representative.
- Individual feedback is virtual and scheduled outside of workshop structure, to accommodate various time zones and individual schedules.
- One round of feedback.
- There is a $15USD fee for those who are selected to receive individual feedback with a journal representative. Participation is optional. Fees will be collected at a later date.
Please note that submitting a proposal does not guarantee acceptance to Part 2 of the workshop. Research that is already under review at an AOM journal (or elsewhere) cannot be submitted to this workshop. That a proposal is accepted to, and developed through the workshop does not guarantee acceptance of your work to AOM or provide special preference in the review process. These proposals will need to go through the same peer review process as any AOM submission. Accepted authors will also have to register for Part 2 of this workshop and pay the advertised fee associated with the workshop.
Dates and Deadlines
Workshop date: 15 November (all are welcome to attend)
Part 1 registration deadline: 11 November
Proposal submission deadline: 31 December
Only accepted authors of submissions will be invited to Register for Part 2
Part 2 proposals should be 5-8 pages, single spaced, excluding references, tables, etc.
*For authors of accepted proposals only