Professor and Department Head
Coller School of Management
Tel Aviv University
Careers, Health Care, Organizational Behavior, Social Issues, Human Resources
Peter A. Bamberger is the Domberger Chair in Organization and Management at Tel Aviv University’s Coller School of Management, Research Director of Cornell University’s Smithers Institute, and Editor-In-Chief and a founding associate editor of Academy of Management Discoveries. He is a member of the Society for Organizational Behavior, a Fellow of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and served as an associate editor of Academy of Management Journal.
Peter's research interests include automatic processes in human interaction; pro-social behavior, occupational health psychology, and pay communication. Author of over 100 refereed journal articles, his books include Mutual Aid and Union Renewal, Human Resource Strategy, and Retirement & the Hidden Epidemic: The Complex Link Between Aging, Work Disengagement and Substance Misuse. He is currently working on a new book on pay communication, and conducting a three-year study sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense on the transition from military service to civilian employment. He received his PhD in organizational behavior from Cornell University in 1990.
- Soliciting Resources from Others: An Integrative Review, Academy of Management Annals
- On the Replicability of Abductive Research in Management and Organizations: Internal Replication and Its Alternatives, Academy of Management Discoveries
- The Dark Side of Socialization: A Longitudinal Investigation of Newcomer Alcohol Use, Academy of Management Journal
- Signaling in Secret: Pay for Performance and the Incentive and Sorting Effects of Pay Secrecy, Academy of Management Journal
- Mapping the Emergent Choreography of Assistance: The Dynamics of Dyadic Peer Helping Relations in Organizations, Academy of Management Discoveries
- Can Surgical Teams Ever Learn? The Role of Coordination, Complexity, and Transitivity in Action Team Learning, Academy of Management Journal
SME Subject Areas
Careers, Entrepreneurship, Environment and Sustainability, Ethics, Gender and Diversity, Health Care, Human Resources, International Management, Leadership, Management Consulting, Management Education, Management History, Management Theory, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Behavior, Public and Nonprofit, Religion and Spirituality, Research Methods, Social Issues, Strategic Management, Technology and Innovation