Culverhouse College of Business
The University of Alabama
Entrepreneurship, Gender and Diversity, Strategic Management
COVID; Politics; Race, Equality, and Ethics
Vishal K. Gupta is Associate Professor at The University of Alabama and has published over 75 research articles and book chapters, including in many prestigious journals, such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, and Journal of Business Venturing, among others, receiving multiple awards and honours. His recent book Great Minds in Entrepreneurship Research discusses the contributions of the winners of the Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research over the 1996-2020 time-period.
Vishal's work is regularly discussed in national and international publications, including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Business Insider, Forbes, and Fortune. He has taught at several leading institutions worldwide, such as Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance and Indian Institute of Management. He grew up in a family business, where he received his practical training in entrepreneurship and management before making his way to a PhD from University of Missouri. He is also the author of the forthcoming text Small Business: Creating Value Through Entrepreneurship with Wiley.
- CFO Gender and Financial Statement Irregularities, Academy of Management Journal
- Does the Glass Cliff Really Exist? Evidence from Experimental Research in India, Academy of Management Proceedings
- CEO Humility, Entrepreneurial Orientation, and the Moderating Influence of Environmental Factors, Academy of Management Proceedings
- The Chicken or the Egg: Causal Inference in the Entrepreneurial Orientation-Performance Relationship, Academy of Management Proceedings
- Entrepreneurial Orientation, Firm-Performance, and the Role of National Culture, Academy of Management Proceedings
- Building Entrepreneurial Orientation from Learning through Internationalization, Academy of Management Proceedings
SME Subject Areas
Careers, Entrepreneurship, Environment and Sustainability, Ethics, Gender and Diversity, Health Care, Human Resources, International Management, Leadership, Management Consulting, Management Education, Management History, Management Theory, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Behavior, Public and Nonprofit, Religion and Spirituality, Research Methods, Social Issues, Strategic Management, Technology and Innovation