AMP Virtual Proposal Development Workshop
This workshop is a unique opportunity for management scholars to develop their work for possible publication in Academy of Management Perspectives.
Academy of Management Perspectives is excited to announce a virtual Proposal Development Workshop to be held on 8 and 10 June 2021, via Zoom, from 08:00 to 12:00 EST (UCT/GMT-6).
This workshop is a unique opportunity for management scholars to develop their work for possible publication in AMP. AMP publishes discourses in management scholarship. Writing for AMP is different from writing traditional empirical or theoretical journal articles. This virtual workshop will provide authors with the keys to writing successful articles and guidance on how to successfully develop their research ideas, with feedback from discussion groups and the AMP Editorial Team.
Writing for AMP is different from writing traditional empirical or theoretical journal articles. This workshop will provide authors with the keys to writing successful articles, guidance on how to successfully develop their research ideas, and feedback from discussion groups and the editorial team. During the workshop, participants will have the benefit of one-on-one coaching with a member of the editorial team to discuss, revise, and improve successive versions of their proposals. At the end of the workshop, authors will have completed second drafts of their proposals, which, with a little more development, can be submitted for review to AMP. The intended audience for this workshop is discipline-based management scholars, social science scholars interested in management and organization topics, and scholars with an orientation toward policy relevant management research.
Those interested in participating in the workshop should submit a short proposal no later than 10 May 2021. Please make sure to follow AMP’s guidelines for submitting a proposal.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be notified by 17 May 2021. Registration deadline and payment* will be due no later than 30 May.
AMP PDW Timeline
- Submissions Deadline: 10 May 2021
- Acceptance to PDW Decision: 17 May 2021
- Registration and Payment Required: 30 May 2021
- PDW: 8 and 10 June 2021, 08:00 to 12:00 EST (UCT/GMT-6)
*PDW nonrefundable registration fee for accepted authors:
AOM Members: $100
Non-AOM Members: $125
AOM Student Member: $75
- Submitting a proposal does not guarantee acceptance to the workshop.
- Proposals that are already under review at AMP (or elsewhere) cannot be submitted to the workshop.
- A proposal accepted to and developed through the workshop does not guarantee acceptance of the proposal or full text manuscript to AMP or special preference in the review process.
- The registration fee is nonrefundable. Paid registrations may be transferred to another member of the accepted author’s team.