Forbes: A Psychologist Suggests 3 Ways To Work Smarter, Not Harder
Originally found at Forbes
Many people come to therapy questioning why, despite all their hard work, they feel like they are getting nothing accomplished. They doubt their self-worth by saying things like:
- “I put in the hours yet get no results. Am I just a failure?”
- “I struggle through my work while everyone else seems to just get it. Why do I perform worse even though I work harder?”
- “As soon as I start my work, my motivation plummets. Am I just meant to achieve the bare minimum?”
- Sometimes, pushing harder to make things work is not the answer. Hard work has been romanticized to such a degree in our society that we forget to think about how we can get more done with less effort.
Continue reading the original article at Forbes.
Read the original research in Academy of Management Journal.
Read the Academy of Management Insights summary.
Learn more about the AOM Scholar and explore their work:
- Basima A. Tewfik, Massachusetts Institute of Technology