Call for Nominations for Editors of Annals or AMJ
Nominations are being sought for the position of editor of two Academy of Management publications
The Academy's mission is to ensure an inclusive selection process and generate a viable list of qualified potential editors from a comprehensive collection of nominations. As a member of the Academy, you can recommend one or more individuals whom you deem capable and inclined to accept one of these positions of responsibility. Nominees do not need to be current associate editors of Academy of Management publications. We will contact these individuals and encourage them to consider accepting the nomination to be considered for one of the suggested editorships.
The person(s) selected for AMJ will become editor-elect on 1 July 2022 and editor on 1 January 2023. The term of office as editor of AMJ is three years. The person(s) selected for Annals will become editor-elect on 1 January 2022 and editor of volumes 18 (to be published in 2024), 19, and 20.
Specific requirements vary by journal. Please contact us for details. In general, qualifications for an editor of an Academy publication include the following:
- Significant scholarly contributions in management, including publications associated with the mission of the journal.
- Extensive experience and an excellent reputation as a reviewer, an editorial board member, or an editor of a management-related journal.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, capacity to handle a demanding workload and meet deadlines, and ability to work constructively with authors, reviewers, and the Academy's Board of Governors.
- A doctoral degree in a management-related discipline.
- Membership in the Academy of Management.
- Incoming editor should be comfortable working with the managing editor in a long distance relationship. The managing editor is an employee of the Academy's headquarters office.
- Familiarity with, and ability to use, a web based submission and review system.
Nominees may recommend a potential co-editor with the demonstrated top tier criteria listed above, who can augment and diversify the knowledge base required of an AOM editor.
Selection will be a three-stage process. The Journals Committee (a committee of the Academy of Management Board of Governors) will review the nominations and will request complete applications from those that best fit the criteria above. Applicants that move to the second stage will be asked to submit a detailed proposal of how they would further the goals of the journal as described in the editorial mission statement contained in each issue. For AMJ only, it is preferred (though not required) that second-stage applicants submit a letter of support from their deans confirming an arrangement for reduced teaching load per year for the entire term as editor. In the third stage, the Journals Committee will forward a recommendation to the full Board of Governors who will finalize the recommendation.
Nominations, including self-nominations, will be accepted until 1 October 2021.
Email nominations to: Susan Zaid (email@example.com)
Nominations should include nominee name(s), full address, telephone number, email address, and current CV. Editor job description and nomination search procedures can be provided upon request.